Seattle Coffee Works is one of Seattle’s most innovative coffee roasters, with neighborhood cafes located in downtown Seattle, Ballard, Capitol Hill and South Lake Union. We offer amazing coffee, kind people, and cozy spaces. With a robust portfolio of Direct Trade partners and coffees, our vision is to MAKE COFFEE BETTER in terms of quality, equity, sustainability, and transparency.
If you want to grow your career as a coffee professional, and are excited about helping Seattle Coffee Works serve more neighborhoods with outstanding, direct trade coffee, apply to join our team of kind, capable coffee professionals!
Please send your resume and a personal statement about why you want to pursue a career in coffee, and why you believe Seattle Coffee Works is the right place for you to do so. Send to careers@seattlecoffeeworks (dot) com, with the position (for example: "Coffee Apprentice") in the Subject Line. Thank you!
Our on-the-job Coffee Apprentice Program is the career track to become a Certified Barista or Coffee Bar Professional. The Coffee Apprentice Program includes:
Education and Training: Extensive initial and on-going training in all coffee brew methods, cupping, scoring coffee, the Espresso Bar and Slow Bar service (Aeropress, Chemex, Hario V-60, Kalita, Vacuum Pot). You will have the opportunity to learn about the coffee value chain from farm to cup in our coffee lab with state-of-the-art tools, weekly team cuppings, and coffee farm visits.
Excellent Coffee and Equipment: A lineup of outstanding espresso blends and super- premium single-origin coffees, as well as state-of-the-art equipment is available in the cafes and training lab.
A Coffee Career: Ambitious team members make coffee a long-term career and raise the bar in the specialty coffee industry.
Excellent Benefits: Your hourly rate starts at $16 hourly and will increase to $20 hourly as you become certified! We offer raises every six months, in addition to quarterly bonuses. In order to ensure predictable and equitable earnings for all team members, we are a tips-free business.
Other perks include:
- Health & dental insurance
- Public transportation pass
- Continuing educational opportunities
- Paid time off
- Quarterly profit sharing (10% of our profits are paid out to the team)
- Full transparency of the financials and participation in decision-making
- The BEST coffee in town for FREE and 40% discount on most other items
Is Seattle Coffee Works a fit for you? These are a MUST:
- You're looking for a career vs. a job
- A passionate coffee lover
- Must love hospitality and giving excellent service
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Able to lift 60 pounds
- Lifelong Learner
- Change Agent
- Hard Worker
- Team Player
- Full-time availability - this opportunity is not available to those in school or pursuing other education or jobs
Please send your resume and a personal statement about why you want to pursue a career in coffee, and why you believe Seattle Coffee Works is the right place for you to do so. Send to careers@seattlecoffeeworks (dot) com, with "Coffee Apprentice" in the Subject Line. Thank you!
The mission of the Store Manager is to cultivate a high-functioning team for the store, to implement consistent procedures that keep the store running smoothly and deliver coffee experiences that delight customers and the team members. The Store Manager reports to the Director of Operations weekly on financials, team morale and advancement, store environments, growth opportunities and red flags/areas in need of attention.
Status: full-time, exempt (salaried)
Pay: Depends on experience and revenue of store, eligible to participate in profit- sharing program
- TEAMBUILDING – collaborate with trainers to onboard new team members and coach all team members on properly implementing operations procedures and policies, promote individual and team development by seeking to understand the needs and aspirations of each team member, ensure punctuality and attendance, recognize and acknowledge team member achievements, give constructive feedback and coaching, recommend team members for advancement, alert General Manager to issues with team morale and work to troubleshoot them.
- SCHEDULING – publish schedules and report employee hours for payroll, work with team members to ensure fair and adequate coverage, troubleshoot issues and ensure healthy team collaboration. Work with General Manager to coordinate cross-store scheduling and team retreats to promote team development.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY – collect and maintain required documentation including copies of food and alcohol handler permits, ensure compliance with health code and inspections, enforce health and safety procedures, maintain the in-store policies and procedures binder.
- CASH MANAGEMENT AND TARGETS – coach team members in cash handling procedures and ensure compliance. Work with General Manager to understand and monitor revenue, cost and growth targets for the store.
- INVENTORY MANAGEMENT – ensure adequate inventory for store operations.
- CUSTOMER RELATIONS – model and inspire excellent customer service, coach team members in customer service, identify customer and local community needs.
- STORE ENVIRONMENT – maintain a clean, welcoming store. Coach team members in maintaining a great store environment.
- OPERATIONS AND BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT – review business metrics with General Manager, identify and communicate ideas for operations and business improvement and collaborate with the General Manager on implementation.
- 2+ years retail experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- BA/BS degree preferred • Excellent verbal, written and social media communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office preferred
Please send your resume and a personal statement about why you want to pursue a career in coffee, and why you believe Seattle Coffee Works is the right place for you to do so. Send to careers@seattlecoffeeworks (dot) com, with "Store Manager" in the Subject Line. Thank you!