Seattle Coffee Works is one of Seattle’s most innovative coffee roasters, with neighborhood cafes located in downtown Seattle, Ballard, Capitol Hill and South Lake Union. We offer amazing coffee, kind people, and cozy spaces. With a robust portfolio of Direct Trade partners and coffees, our vision is to MAKE COFFEE BETTER in terms of quality, equity, sustainability, and transparency.
If you want to grow your career as a coffee professional, and are excited about helping Seattle Coffee Works serve more neighborhoods with outstanding, direct trade coffee, apply to join our team of kind, capable coffee professionals!
Please send your resume and a personal statement about why you want to pursue a career in coffee, and why you believe Seattle Coffee Works is the right place for you to do so. Send to careers@seattlecoffeeworks (dot) com, with the position (for example: "Coffee Apprentice") in the Subject Line. Thank you!
Director Of Operations/EOS Integrator
Do you love specialty coffee? Do you love to mentor and grow people and teams? Are you looking for the next challenge in your career that has meaning and purpose? If you answered YES to these questions, then this might be the perfect opportunity for you!
Seattle Coffee Works, one of Seattle's most innovative coffee roasters, is seeking an experienced and passionate Director of Operations/EOS Integrator to help build our growing coffee story.
Who We Are Looking For:
Seattle Coffee Works is seeking a Director of Operations/EOS Integrator to lead our highly motivated, self-managed team through rapid growth and work tightly with the team to achieve our goals. We are looking for a personable leader who communicates with clarity and enjoys developing people while keeping everyone rowing together in the same direction. The Director of Operations/Integrator is an adept project manager, prioritizes, simplifies, and keeps the team focused, identifies and resolves issues effectively, and converts vision into actionable plans and execution.
The Director of Operations/Integrator leads our team in setting and executing quarterly and annual goals, is responsible for achieving P&L objectives, enjoys running the day-to-day business, and works collaboratively with the Advisory Council to translate great ideas into functional plans. They are a conceptual thinker with strong analytical skills and knowledge of finance, marketing, and operations.
The ideal candidate embraces our Core Values: Honesty and Integrity: We do what we say with honesty and integrity; Curiosity: We learn with curiosity; Compassion: We treat others with compassion, always; and Taking Responsibility: We take responsibility for figuring things out, together.
This is a full-time position located in Seattle, WA.
• Lead, manage, and hold the self-managed team accountable, integrating efforts to achieve quarterly and annual goals
• Develop and execute business plan to achieve or exceed P&L objectives by effectively leading an increasingly self-managed team
• Ensure effective communication exists throughout the organization
• Lead day-to-day aspects of the business
• Ensure the team is healthy, functional, cohesive, and resolves issues effectively
• Develop employees and remove obstacles and barriers
• Manage third-party accounting/finance partners, oversight of Admin and HR
• Lead weekly Executive Team meetings and regularly engage in departmental L10 meetings
• Collaborate and stay on the same page with Advisory Council, turn ideas into functional plans for the company
• Actively communicate with and accountable to Advisory Council
What We Offer:
• Competitive salary package with bonus opportunities
• Generous paid time off
• Health & Dental insurance
• Continuing learning opportunities
• Best coffee in town for FREE!
What We are Looking for in You:
• Bachelor's degree in Business preferred
• 5 + years leading, managing, and holding people accountable; decisive and great at planning and organizing
• Proven experience as COO, Operations Director, Chief Executive, Executive Director or relevant role
• Excellent communicator driving values, focus, simplicity, and clarity; able to deliver the message verbally and written to a diverse team
• Conceptual thinker with strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel, Google Drive, Phone-based Apps
• Strong understanding of and experience in finance, operations, marketing, and sales
• Enjoy running day to day business and converting ideas into actions
• Employee coach and mentor who enjoys developing people
• Coffee experience preferred
• Bachelor's (preferred)
• Operations management: 5+ years (Required)
Seattle Coffee Works is committed to building a culturally diverse organization and strongly encourages applications from people of color, LGBTQIA+ and members of other underrepresented groups. Seattle Coffee Works is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by law.
Please send us your resume and a short cover letter with to careers@seattlecoffeeworks (dot) com.
Please put the job title in the subject line. Please, no phone calls! We look forward to hearing from you!
Our on-the-job Coffee Apprentice Program is the career track to become a Coffee Bar Professional. The Coffee Apprentice Program includes:
Education and Training: Extensive initial and on-going training in all coffee brew methods, cupping, scoring coffee, the Espresso Bar and Slow Bar service (Aeropress, Chemex, Hario V-60, Kalita, Vacuum Pot). You will have the opportunity to learn about the coffee value chain from farm to cup in our coffee lab with state-of-the-art tools.
Excellent Coffee and Equipment: A lineup of outstanding espresso blends and super- premium single-origin coffees, as well as state-of-the-art equipment is available in the cafes and training lab.
A Coffee Career: Ambitious team members make coffee a long-term career and raise the bar in the specialty coffee industry.
Excellent Benefits: Your hourly rate starts at $19 hourly and will increase to $21 hourly as you become certified! In order to ensure predictable and equitable earnings for all team members, we are a tips-free business.
Other perks include:
• Health & dental insurance
• Paid time off
• Full transparency of the financials and participation in decision-making
• The BEST coffee in town for FREE and 40% discount on most other items
Is Seattle Coffee Works a fit for you? These are a MUST:
• You're looking for a career vs. a job
• A passionate coffee lover
• Must love hospitality and giving excellent service
• Must be able to work weekends and holidays
• Able to lift 60 pounds
• Lifelong Learner
• Change Agent
• Hard Worker
• Team Player
• Full-time availability - this opportunity is not available to those in school or pursuing other education or jobs
We encourage applicants from all racial,
ethnic, religious and socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations,
gender identities, and functional limitations to apply, especially those
from historically marginalized communities.
Seattle Coffee Works is committed to building
a culturally diverse organization and strongly encourages applications
from people of color, LGBTQIA+ and members of other underrepresented
groups. Seattle Coffee Works is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to
age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other class
protected by law.
Please send your resume and a personal statement about why you want to pursue a career in coffee, and why you believe Seattle Coffee Works is the right place for you to do so. Send to careers@seattlecoffeeworks (dot) com, with "Coffee Apprentice" in the Subject Line. Thank you!